Scope for a CZ 527 in 22 Hornet??

bobhwry

Can you recommend a good scope for this rifle.I understand the Hornet is limited beyond 150 yards.Will be used primarily as target rifle. Budget is in the $500 range. Thanks.

My first 22 hornet got a Weaver 2X-7X, and it was ideal. On my last 22 Hornet, I had a Leupold 2.5X-8X. The magnification was perfect for varmints out to 200 yds. If you decide on another make of scope, the magnification should be in about the same range.
I tend to favor Leupolds, becasue of the excellent quality of the optics. Burris makes a very good scope. Bushnell Elite is also a very good scope. Any of these will run about $400. The new Weavers and Redfields and Simmons Aetec scopes are all made by Meade Instrument and are pretty good and run about $300. Nikon makes a good scope, but stay away from their lower end scopes. They tend to halo really bad at high power.

I have a 527 .22 Hornet with the Maple stock. I have a new type of scope on it that was just released and is a FINE scope for a very good price. It is Mueller APV with 4.5 - 14X AO 40mm. It is not so large as to dwarf the petite 527. I have had it for two weeks and have had a number of people look thru it or shoot my rifle with it. If it looses anything in clarity/brightness to the Luepolds, Weavers and such nobody could see it so far. The adjustments are accurate. Now for the good news. It will sell for around $160 I think but if you jump on it right now you MAT get it for $90!! That is what they sold the first batch for and they may sell a few more at that price. The first batch was sold out in about 2 days. I REALLY like mine.

CZ's are fantastic!

I have a CZ 452 trainer and topped it with a Sightron SII 3x9x42 with medium rings. Total tack driver out to 225 yds. They are superbly accurate with Federal champs Rimfire.com/cz for the best info on the CZ. Enjoy!

Back