Scope exprerts: M19 Tank scope

Status
Not open for further replies.

the rifleer

I have this M19 scope. There is very limited information about it on the internet and I am hoping that someone here knows something about it. The only thing that I have been able to find is that it is some kind of tank scope.

It says "Telescope M19 No. M.H.R Co. 1942-D.A."

It is an interesting piece, especially since it is dated from WWll, I just don't know anything about it.

Attachments

• 100_0255.JPG
    100_0255.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 223
  • 100_0254.JPG
    100_0254.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_0256.JPG
    100_0256.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 121
Thanks for that. The only other thing that I can find is that people like to use them to make star wars guns. It doesn't magnify much. Maybe 2 or 3x, thats it. It is not powerful and I can't see it being good for anything. Even if it was adjustable I wouldn't want it on on a rifle just because you have to have your eye in exactly the right spot or else you can't see anything out of it.

It doesn't magnify much. Maybe 2 or 3x, thats it. It is not powerful and I can't see it being good for anything. Even if it was adjustable I wouldn't want it on on a rifle just because you have to have your eye in exactly the right spot or else you can't see anything out of it.

If it's a tank gun sight, 2-3x was about the usual 6x being the highest I know of. Eye relief isn't something critical with a tank sight, as the recoil (to the sight) is pretty low.

44 Amp, do you realize that you just replied to a 4 year old zombie thread that was resurrected by a newbie to advertise an item he had just placed for sale on Fleabay? :eek:

No, I did not. OK, I shall pay more attention in the future, and will also put this zombie back in the ground.

TY.
:o

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back