Scope adjustment knob frozen ????

DannyO

Tried this in the rifle forum and no one has seen this problem. Maybe someone here can help.
Went to the range yesterday to help a buddy sight in his rifle. He has a variable power Leupold. It has been sitting for a while and it was last used on about 2X. We couldn't get it to move up at all. I didn't want to put a wrench or anything on it and I'm a little nervous about soaking it with oil. Has this happened to anyone here? Short of sending it back to Leupold what can I try?

------------------
"Some people spend an entire liftime wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem."
Semper Fi

DannyO:

There is a heavy grease under the adjusting ring to help seal the scope against moisture and that grease has hardened.

I Ran up agains the same thing in a *very* old Leupold scope I got at a gun show.

As this scope was pretty shabby looking anyway, I put a drop of "Break Free" on the joint and kept wiggling the part ( gently) untill it loosened up.

George is right tho- Leupold ( a local company ) is very good about repairing their products and the price is right- Free in most cases

Jim

------------------
Lay up some blackpowder and flints
The rest we can build, if need be

Back