Scenario: Getting a car's plate

HKguy9

Let's say you notice "suspicious" individuals (forget for now what 'suspicious' means) go up to your house. Whether you open the door or leave it shut, whether it's night or day, whether someone is in the car waiting or not, how would you get the plate number as tactically and discreetly as possible?

Sometimes you can and sometimes you can't.

If you cannot see the license plate, remember as much about the vehicle as possible, approximate year, make and model and anything else that would make it stand out like decals, dents, rust, noise engine whatever. Also, remember as much about the people that you can. If you don't have a really good memory, then go and write it down immediately.

If you are really good friends or at least friendly with your neighbors enough to get a phone number and they have a better angle on the car than you, you could ask them to write it down for you. Not only will you get the number, but you will also have a witness in case the SHTF.

I know that my house and the way it is situated on the street allows me to sneak out the back and I can come around from the right hand side, possibly getting a glimpse of the front plate, but even that would be tricky as the car and I would both be somewhere out front and I would not have good cover.

Every situation is different, but what I stated above, to me, seems like a good general first start. Chime in all and cover things that I may have forgetten, missed, or scenarios that are different than mine.

The X10 cams and VCr already have license and car description on tape, but I would quietly sneak into front BR for a look

Back