Scar 17s

I have owned a scar 17s for about a year now and love it.
I have been competition shooting it all spring and summer with excellent results.
Original stock with vintage 6x power weaver T-6 scope on top and open sights at 3 o'clock
The competitions I shoot only allow for a 6 power max scope.
Some people complain about a sloppy buttstock, well I can tell you I have had zero issues with it through out the year. I can only toss that up to improper use of the mechanics of the buttstock
I have been running it dirty for about 4 months now, waiting for a malfunction but haven't had one. Still shoots as good as new

Do you own one? Please post your experience please

FDE 17S here with a Viper 1x4-24 on top and a Lantac Dragon on the end,I used to take my FNAR to the range untill I got my scar and now that goes to the range with me if I want to shoot .308 and as far as FTF/FTE none yet but I only have a few hundred rounds through it,have not done a thorough cleaning on it yet just ran a snake down the barrel a couple times and that's it so a far,as the 17 goes it's a keeper and I should add it likes 165/168gr,my other 308s are safe queens for the most part now.
Hard to find and prices are going up from what I've seen and forgot to say that I've had no issues with the folding stock so far.

I have had mine for a couple of years. Mounted a HAMR with Deltapoint Pro and put over 1k though it, including steel (gasp!). No issues. Love it.

It actually supplanted my .308 Galil, which supplanted my M1A, as my 'go to' rifle.

It was hard for me not to get a Galil ACE after handling the 17 but now I kinda wish I had the ACE in 308 being they have it in 7.62x39 and they would of looked nice together,on another note the windham 7.62x39 was little less then half the cost and so far it works fine.
I think I can get a convertion kit for the 17 for 7.62 seems they were talking about it or made one I'll need to look into it but for now I want to leave the 17 as is,it's been awhile since I've thought about it:confused:.

Last edited:
Back