Scandium S&W

Lightsped

I finally found and got to hold a Scandium S&W 357 snub nose. Wow, I really liked it! I almost bought it, but could not justify buying it since I already have a AR-15 on order. I'll probally get a Scandium snubbie in the not so distant future....

lightsped, I just took my new 386pd(L frame,7shot,2 1/2") scandium to the range today. With 38sp 125gr+p it was like shooting a lightweight 45acp. Shot best with the Federal 125gr SJHP+p. This is definitely my new carry gun. At 17.5oz I feel like I am not even carrying anything.
Hope you get yours soon.

101SE, how did you get seven rounds into a six round revolver? The Smith catalog describes the model 386PD as having a six shot capacity. Maybe you are thinking of the Taurus model 617 that can take seven rounds of 357 in a 16 or 20 oz. revolver. The 16 oz is called multi-alloy; the 20 oz. is titanium.

Drakejake

Got the Scandium Mountain Lite version as a daily carry piece and had the opportunity to use the gun in a defensive handgun class. Great gun for what it was intended for and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a auto alternative.

Not a knock on automatics, I carry one on occasions. But during the class session everyone shooting autos had a failure of some kind or another. Just about every brand was represented at the firing line too. The Scandium gun's performance was flawless.

Next on the list is moon clip conversion.

Gabriel

My gun holds seven rounds. :)

Drakejake, the 386PD is an L frame 7shot 2 1/2". I am holding it as I write this and count 7 holes. Just to make sure I counted the holes in my #587 speedloader and it was 7 also. All humor aside, I don't know what catalog you are looking at. Go to the S&W website and you will find the specs.

101SE, I am looking at the 2001 printed Smith catalog, page 13. In fact, I don't see ANY Smith 357's that hold seven rounds, except the huge, heavy 686; all the others hold five or six. Must be an error in the catalog.

Drakejake

In fact, I don't see ANY Smith 357's that hold seven rounds, except the huge, heavy 686;

Ironic that the 296, 386 and 686 are on the same frame size. Heavy? Yes. Huge? Welll.... ;)

Scandium is an ultra rare ore, mined in the Scandia mountains by the monks of the Order of Scandinium. It takes six monks, six months to mine enough ore to make one six shooter. Hence the outragious prices for these things.
Taurus is working on a revolver made of Aironium. Reputedly a gun made from Aironium will float away unless loaded.

Some say L frame guns are huge/heavy, I don't. I carried a 686plus 3" for years(36oz). Beretta 92 is 34oz. A 1911 is 38oz.
In a Kramer belt scabbard I can carry all day with no problem. Now that I have found the joy of scandium, the 386PD(7ROUND) is taking the place of the 686 plus(7ROUND!) .

Back