SC Reciprocation with GA

Roland Thunder

I am planning a trip to SC and have a GA concealed carry permit which is now recognized by SC (after years of no reciprocation). I want to take 2 or 3 guns with me because I will probably take some of family members to the range with me after I get there. Will there be an issue with me taking multiple guns with me since SC recognizes my GA ccw or am I only entitled to have 1 concealed gun and must have the others in a locked compartment (requirement for non ccw holders).

I never understood why Georgia and SC weren't reciprocal states? I have a Florida CC and can carry in both Georgia and South Carolina.:confused: In fact where I usually go in Georgia, I'm less than 5 miles from SC and about 8 miles from NC, so reciprocity is important to me.

My understanding was that it was political, i.e. some politician in SC was trying to retaliate against a GA politician. At least that is what I was told.

It will depend on how your carrying your weapons, are they all going to be concealed on you at the same time? If not then it would be best to unload them and stow them. In SC you can have a gun in 3 places with out a ccw, glove box, center console or trunk, they can be locked and loaded if they are anywhere else then its a no no.

South Carolina does not honor resident Indiana concealed carry permits either, even though Indiana honors South Carolina permits.

I'd just put the extra handguns in a case in the trunk.
You won't be carrying them all "concealed" and they will be more secure

Back