SBR, why?

Delaware_Dan

Why do people jump through all the hoops to make a rifle shorter and less accurate? I could see a short barrel shotgun but why rifle? I have always been curious. Thanks

Not less accurate, just shorter. And the purpose is to make a more effective CQB weapon (clearing buildings, deploying the weapon from a vehicle, etc).

Also, a semi-auto copy of most submachineguns usually has to be SBR'd, otherwise the barrel looks absurdly long on an otherwise compact weapon.

the purpose is to make a more effective CQB weapon (clearing buildings, deploying the weapon from a vehicle, etc).
Most if not all civilians will never need to do this. Is there an advantage for competition shooting maybe?

Most if not all civilians will never need to do this. Is there an advantage for competition shooting maybe?

And there's why you don't understand why people like SBRs. "Civilians don't need <etc>" is the misunderstanding. Citizens need weapons for CQB because the founders intended for us to have equal armament to the government's forces should we ever need to overthrow it. The popularity of SBRs is because many people enjoy exercising our rights as Americans.

it makes a glock more accurate.

robersilversglock.jpg

The popularity of SBRs is because many people enjoy exercising our rights as Americans.
Makes sense. I was just wondering if there was an advantage to the SBR I was missing. Nothing wrong with "I own one because I can". We might as well excercise our rights to the fullest if we want to keep them.

My 9.25" AR-15 + 4" suppressor is the most effective close quarters weapon I could conceive. Clearing my house is quick and easy. I carried it all day during the aftermath of Hurricane Gustav (I live in the worst hit, highest crime area of Louisiana and didn't have power for 3 weeks) and could perform everyday tasks with ease.

By contrast, my old home defense gun (5 shot 18" Mossberg 500) feels clumsy and archaic.

Accuracy? At 25 yards with a 1x Trijicon Reflex the .223 holes are touching each other.

The suppressor makes it absolutely hearing safe indoors.
3032902094_b7955b9d2e.jpg

My 9.25" AR-15 + 4" suppressor is the most effective close quarters weapon I could conceive. Clearing my house is quick and easy. I carried it all day during the aftermath of Hurricane Gustav (I live in the worst hit, highest crime area of Louisiana and didn't have power for 3 weeks) and could perform everyday tasks with ease.

By contrast, my old home defense gun (5 shot 18" Mossberg 500) feels clumsy and archaic.

Accuracy? At 25 yards with a 1x Trijicon Reflex the .223 holes are touching each other.

The suppressor makes it absolutely hearing safe indoors

that's what i'm talking about, get some.

I bought one (11.5") because I can, and so it's not ultra long when I screw a can onto the end of it.

Oh, and they're badass too.

What about a 22lr? What advantage is there in having more than a 10-12" barrel? Pretty much none. Plus as mentioned, you put a 6 inch can on a 12 inch 223 and you have 18 inches.

Last edited:
If I didn't SBR my PS90, it looked dumb. Also, I love my 10/22 with 5.5" barrel.

The real reason, though? I can't just register them as MGs or I would. That'd take care of the SBR/SBS aspect as well.

Looking dumb

I came into a Norinco Uzi cheap, but the wood stock looks like garbage. To play the 922R game and add enough US parts to "allow" me to put on a $15 folding stock would cost $180 bucks for the US made parts. To make an SBR on a Form 1 only $20 bucks more and it looks like an Uzi is supposed to. Whose idea was this?

bag017-1.jpg

Back