SBR 9mm ammo ??

MrClean

Am waiting on paperwork and ready to build out my RRA 9mm SBR w/ 7" bbl. My question is.... those of you who have a SBR in 9mm.... what ammo do you use and do you by chance reload any? I have a load for 147 grain bullets, 3.8 g of VitVor 340 shooting out of my Glock for IPSC. I'm in hopes my SBR will function with those just fine. Would be great to shoot those same ones for just plinking with it and then load up with some "good" 9mm when needed. Any help/insight/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The 9mm AR will cycle well with lighter to std. loads, 147 should be subsonic so what type of silencer are you getting for your pistol and rifle.

Get your rifle bolt ramped. Google if if you don't know what that means. It will run much smoother.

The 9mm AR will cycle well with lighter to std. loads, 147 should be subsonic so what type of silencer are you getting for your pistol and rifle.

Get your rifle bolt ramped. Google if if you don't know what that means. It will run much smoother.

:D Advanced Armament Evolution. :D Yea, my loads are running right around 900 fps out of my Glock 17. So plenty quiet if they'll function in my AR. I just read something that had "ramp your bolt" in it. I thought they just typoed and meant feed ramp. I'll go back and research that. My upper is coming from RRA so maybe they have already done that.... I hope.

Thanks!!

Last edited:
I've run 115gr & 147gr of all different brands and haven't had any issues.
I run a 5" 3 lug barrel w/ a Gemtech multi-mount & a 10.5" unsuppressed barrel.

Just using WWB 115gr for now. Will add a can soon and will need to move to 147's...

5" TROS 3 lug:

SBRPunisher.jpg

7.5" 9mm upper:

jimbob-1-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back