SBH shooting left..

Fatcat

Even with the adjustable sights all the way over!

At first I thought it was just me, inexperience, etc. So I had my father shoot it.. same thing. We set up a rest and tried it again - still constantly 8-10 inches to the left.

I thought maybe it was the ammo, so I picked up some Remington and Winchester in addition to the Federal stuff I've got. Same thing. Funny thing was, I was getting these "flyers" that would actually hit where I was aiming. This happened with each brand of ammo.. maybe 9 out of 10 would shoot left, then the 10th would hit more toward the center. All off a rest - what the heck? Is my barrel moving or something?

Anyway, I can't move the back sight any more, so I assume that I need to move (or have someone move) the front sight. How is the front sight attached, silver solder? Could a competent gunsmith move the sight over a little bit so I could shoot straight? Maybe just ship it off to Ruger and tell 'em to get it right?

Thanks.. :)

Ship to Ruger. Tell them EXACTLY your symptoms. Whine just a wee bit, but add that you love them, their company, and your gun.
Beg them to please please please make it better.

Then wait patiently, and hope for the best possible outcome.

Let us know when you get it back?

Back