Saving A Walker From a Slow Death

sltm1

I just picked up a Walker (ASM no date marks) that almost made it to the scrap heap. Never been cleaned, hammer peined to hell, only cycles when pointing straight up, bbl like a sewer pipe, screws buggered up, pitted in spots and missing the wedge, one frame connecting pin and a nipple....hey $150 was a good price even in that condition. Now, what i need, if anyone wants to trade or sell, is the wedge everything else I can do. I could make a wedge, but i intend to sell this puppy when done so i want to keep the cost down.

Would be interesting to see some before/after pictures. If a sewer pipe barrel, it will have some pitting.

Parts for your ASM Walker

I just salvaged an Old Army ASM I found in a yard sale. I was able to find all the parts at a company called Midway, The wedge was a little large but some filing in the right places made it fit just right. Lots of luck

Agree with Hawg....

But it sure is going to be fun getting it shooting again.

I'd be scared of the barrel. Make sure that can be salvaged before putting a lot of money into it.

If the barrel is a gonner, just part it out and sell the stuff on eVil bay. You'll make your purchase price and then some.

Or, send it to me...I promise I'll give it a good home.......;o)

Doc, I've scrubbed out the bbl with windex, a bronze brush and some swabs, yep, pitted, but not to bad, should shoot fine as the lands and grooves aren't compromised. Also as you know, I love restoring old guns (found the date mark 1990) and putting them back to battery.
Found a set of screws for an Uberti at a real reasonable price, so that's 2 thing's out of the way. Making a wedge out of a hoof rasp won't be too hard, but considering the time I'll put into refirbing, defarbing and refinishing, I'd rather not. I'll get pic's up tomorrow.
As far as reselling, she's goin down river when done, not A big fan of Walkers.

SLTM1

Best of luck with it.

I have a Walker from ASM. I can't say it is my favorite pistol. That is because I don't have a favorite.

But, my hat is off to you for the joy you are going to have.

Pic's

Pretty grungy!!

Attachments

• WalkerBBL.jpg
    WalkerBBL.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 83
  • WalkerCylinder.jpg
    WalkerCylinder.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 81
  • WalkerHammer.jpg
    WalkerHammer.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 80
Figured out the cycling problem. The post that comes off the hand and goes into the hammer was dead loose in the hand. That kept it from engaging the cylinder, all fixed now, see pic's

Attachments

• Walkerhand.jpg
    Walkerhand.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Walkerhand2.jpg
    Walkerhand2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 45
Back