savage10FP

house

Hey guys i as wondering can you give me pros and cons on this rifle. I just finshed fixing up a Pss and for goodness sakes my 16 year old girl wants to shoot with daddy!!!
as you all guys know with kids the cost money. I would like to set her up with a good rifle. since i am on a budget for her rifle i was looking at ath 10fp I will not skimp on optics i was planing to put the same optics i have. I use leupold varx3 6.5 20 50mm side focus AO. i shoot distance from 200 to 1000 yards. since she wants to shoot with here father i am glad to here it. please help me out guys. If i could buy anothe pss I WOULD!!

I think the Savage 10FP would make a great budget precision rifle for your daughter. My Savage 110FP in .223 shot better than a few buddies' PSS .223 rifles that I had the pleasure to shoot. Most of them have went with Savage 110FP's or 10FP's instead of PSS's in recent purchases and put the $$ difference into the glass and/or a higher quality stock for their Savage. All of them shoot as well out of the box as any PSS they have owned or shot.

R6

Oh yeah, the only con that I can think of with the Savage is the fact that you can't say, "Yeah, it's a PSS.". :D

Ummmmm, who cares? The paper target or varmint won't know the dang difference!?! a single ragged hole is a single ragged hole! ;)

On another note... Your daughter wanting to shoot with you, as opposed to today's trend of kids wanting to shoot *AT* their parents, is truly a prize!!! If I were you, I'd almost give her the PSS and build myself a dang Savage! Get a rifle in that girl's hands and encourage her ASAP! :D

Congrats on having an opprotunity to share something you enjoy with your daughter, man! You've gotta love it! I know I love it for you! :)

R6

[This message has been edited by Rainbow Six (edited April 12, 2000).]

Hey thanks rainbow six. actully i was thinking of giveing her the Pss but its in 308. we are going to the range to day and shoot it. and if she likes 308 i will probley get a savage in 308. I was leaning towards the 223. for her self, but we will see. Yes i am very blessed for her. like you said most kinds are trendy causious, and they think shoot aint COOL! oh well i am just glad and my spent on her is fine by me. Now tell that to my Wife haha

I just put together a 10FP in .308 with a Leupold Vari-XII 3-9x40 for under $700. Not real pretty but it's black and it works. Going to shoot it real soon. Everywhere I looked I found nothing but excellent reviews on accuracy, bad reviews on the quality of stock and mixed reviews on trigger. Trigger can be re-worked fairly inexpensively and my stock won't be upgraded until rifle proves worthiness and aftermarket options improve. Stay with a .308 if possible because desirabilty is better for this rifle/caliber.

house:

How would you feel about adopting a 30ish guy as your son. I'd like to go shooting with you too dad!

Back