Savage Tactical .223

I just traded for a Savage Tactical model 110 FP in .223 to go along with my model 700 in .308. Was wondering if anyone has one of these and what they think of it. I'm not sure what the twist rate is and will just have to try it with everything that I have, 50's to 69 grain bullets. Any thoughts and comments would be appreciated, thanks.

Ripper,
I've got one. I think the twist rate is 1 in 9. Pretty happy with mine, but wish I had waited a year and gotten the model 10FP with the new short action. Slightly lighter, slightly shorter, double pillar bedded instead of single. Oh well. Anyway, I have no complaints with mine except that the trigger is not as adjustable as I would like. I put mine in the Choate/Plaster Ultimate Sniper stock. It's awesome. If you're interested, I'll tell you how I put on a grey and black speckle coating which makes the weapon look truly radical. E-mail if you'd like a pic.
Paul

Thanks, will have to check that out. I traded a Weatherby Vanguard Weatherguard for it, just wasn't what I needed. Hope this one is more what I wanted, thnk it will be. May save the 308 for work and use this one for prairie dogs.

Back