Savage sporter

mexiko41

Inactive
I am a nubie to the forum. I have read threads regarding the Savage Sporter 22 Long Rifle but I can not find what I need. I found gunparts.com and I think I have found the magazine I'm looking for (7 rounds) However I can not find the serial number on my sporter? The only number I've found is 67035 on the barrel in front of the bolt. The only other numbers are the patented dates.
I want to order the magazine, a butt plate and two screws for the barrel but need the serial # to do so. Any help?

Thanks
LarryC

And what makes you think 67035 is not the serial number?
I have a Remington with the serial number on the bottom of the barrel just ahead of the foreend. They were not particular about serial number location on the receiver - or any serial number at all - until GCA 1968.

Did you ever find out any info on the savage sporter 22? I have a "Savage Sporter" bolt act in 22 long rifle, my grandmother says was my great grand fathers (i'm 40yrs old) it has no mod # that i can find. it does have the same pat dates you stated in your posting (Nov 28, 1905 - sept 7, 1915 - sep 4, 1917- nov 20, 1917) ser # 119021. It has a steel butt plate and is also missing the clip, did you find any info on the gun or location of a clip? I've heard about an Old historian on Savage guns ,but cant find any info on him either any help would be great. i have my grandpa's marlin 22 and His dads savage 22. Time to get'em out and shoot to good memories.

Savage Sporter

The Savage/Stevens historian is John Callahan. He can be contacted at
53 Old Quarry Road, Westfield, MA 01085. When writing include a SASE. Also know there is a charge for his services.

Savage Sporter 23 AA---

Well I went and dug out my dear little Savage Sporter 23 AA just for you.
It is way up on my list favorite .22 rifles.
The serial number on mine is in between the bolt and the ejection port
on the right side in plain view. Mine is # 1300xx
I bought mine about a year ago with a busted stock and I'm going to
restock it with a really nice piece of quilted maple.
These are seriously quality rifles. Hope yours works out for you.

I, too, have an old Savage Sporter with the patent 1917. Mine is capable of one round in the chamber and a clip that holds five more rounds. Yes, the rifle is complete and still fires quite nicely. I wonder what this one would be worth.

Savage Sporter Values

Recently came into my 2nd Savage Sporter, Excellent little rifles. The first one I sold on GB for 355.00 It was a 25-20 I now have a 22 that will be listed on GB as well. It is in excelelnt shape. So if you run across these little rifles I would be hesitant to sell to cheaply. They are very well made and obviously quite collectable.

Back