Savage Model 29B

re: 29b

There should be a big take-down screw on the left side of the receiver. Unscrew as far as it will go. Pull receiver and barrel forward... with the trigger guard and stock going back. Now to get the breechbolt assembly out, turn gun upside down and work action back and the breechbolt should lift up and can be pulled out. To get to the firing pin, turn the breechbolt upright (you should see a groove on top and a circle at the rear) There is a punch-pin right in front of the circle. Remove the punch-pin and the circle is the firing pin and it will come out. That is as much as I took apart this morning but would be happy to help you with anything else. I can probably scan some images if you need them.

Savage 29B

Thanks Artlet - I've taken it down as far as you have indicated. What I need to do is disassemblethe trigger/hammer assembly as the safety is not operating. However, from what I can see, the safety w/associated parts is intact. What I need to know is if the safety blocks the trigger or the hammer. I do not want to go further until I can be sure there are no hidden parts that could cause problems with assemble.

Ok. Let's see. It would be easier if you private message me, I will send you a diagram showing all the parts you are needing to see. Larry

Back