Savage Model 24B-DL Value

dlawson

Inactive
I have a Savage Model 24B-DL in great condition. On a scale of 1-10, I would say it is probably 8 1/2. For someone out there who may be familiar with these guns it is an over and under. 22LR on top of a 20ga. The 20ga. will accept 3 inch magnum shells. If I am on the wrong forum or could someone please redirect me. Thanks in advance.

gunbroker

the best way to find the value is to search it on gunbroker. Gun values have been changing so fast publications can't keep up. And really the value is what someone is willing to pay now.

With Model 24s, model, year of manufacture, and condition determine the price. Early models (side selector button) in fair condition can fetch $300-$400, later models (hammer-mounted selector) bring $150-$250 generally speaking. Centerfire upper barrels are worth more, with 223 and 30-30 being fairly desirable. And as usual, condition is everything.

Around $400.00

The "DL" designates that it is the Deluxe version. This is on the higher end as it should have the Monte Carlo American walnut stock and silver receiver. A few years back, all the 24's were bringing good money and there are many folks out there that are always looking for these. Not knowing exactly what you have, my SWAG on this is $400.00 but I have seen them go higher. ... ;)

By the way, I have found that the .22 over 20Ga, are preferred, over the 12Ga.
These little guys are great Rabbit-Hunters, in tracking snow. ..... :)

Be Safe !!!

Back