Savage model 219 ss break open

Nitescout

does anyone have a pic of this rifle??? a friend of mine found one at a recent gun show...It`s in 30-30 win. caliber. since I like all things 30-30 I`m interested.

I don't have pic right now. Buddy of mine is nut on them. He just bought a
219 in 22 Hornet, with mechanical problems. I will be working on it this
weekend. Will post pic then. He must have a dozen different ones in several
calibres.

Thanks, Drm50,

I`m glad someone knew what I was talking about...I`m 66 years old and have been nuts about guns for more than I can remember. I`ve never heard of this
model.

Seen a few over the years. Held one up to my shoulder once. Well built single shot savage. Points pretty good. No doubt it resembled a Stevens single shot shotgun. For a time I was wanting one. But gave up the chase as there kind of scarce and command a premium price more often than not. The only calibers I've seen were those in 30-30. If I wanted a single shot deer rifle. The 219 would be my first choice no doubt about it. Great rifle for cast or Black powder shoot'in since it is a break action receiver.

I sold one just last year. It is built on the same action as the 220 single shot shotgun, a hammerless, break-open, single-shot action. The one I sold shot well, and it was kinda pretty, but the trigger was awful and it takes a one-piece Weaver base.

I don't have a picture of one, but I do have one in my gun safe, given to me by a friend some years ago.

Google Savage 219 and you'll come up with a bunch of pictures.

NEVER dry fire one. You'll break the firing pin.

Hold on to your guns, boys!

I just checked online auctions on Gunbroker...Only 2...and 1 receiver. The re barreled and refinished rifle was started at $550...the other appeared to be a nice original shooter, was started at $249.

while there are hundreds of Winchester, and Marlin lever guns. only the 2
savage single shots.

There were a number of different chamberings offered for the 219, including .30-30, .22 Hornet, 12 gauge, and I believe 20 gauge.

There are also reports of .32-20 and .25-20 barrels having been offered, but no one I know has ever seen one.

The gun was made in two models, both called the .219. The earlier ones I believe had an extractor, and the later ones had an auto ejector.

The newer barrels will work on the older guns, but not in reverse.

At least I think I have all that correct.

I went to the R-K gun show in Wichita yesterday..

I bought a nice M-94 30-30 mfg. 1946 or 1947...$550 is better than $1200 for one made in Japan.

but my prized purchase is a Savage m220 in .410..really nice condition...really nice case colors on the receiver. It was only $140... I`m still looking for a 219 in 30-30

I had a good day !!!

Back