Savage model 10 or Tikka Master Sporter?

twoinchgroup52

Looking to get a 223 rem tackdriver for under $800. Narrowed it down to a Savage model 10 short action with a Choate stock or a Tikka Master Sporter. Right now I'm leaning toward the Tikka. What do you think??? Sincerely, Twonchgroup52.

Get the Savage 10FP. I did and it is an outstanding rifle for target shooting and varmit. I get groupings of .50"-1.00"@150yards. They have a steep trigger pull, but that could be changed-out. I did not change it because of warranty and safety reasons(had a close call before with a light trigger pull)and my SKS trigger pull is worst, I guess I have gotten used to it. And the stock ain't that bad, but it could be changed out to a choate synthetic stock.

------------------

hi there. Well, I am not looking at the Tikka Sporter Model, but I am hoping to order the Tikka Continental Model in a .223. I found the Tikka's have an incredible reputation, plus a good trigger. You are getting Sako quality, without the additional cost. My other choice is CZ, but want the heavier barrel of the Tikka.

I'd definitely go with the Tikka. It has a free-floated barrel and fully adjustable, great trigger. You'll have to buy an aftermarket trigger for the Savage.

For under $800, you could have a Rem VS or VSSF and have a little left over towards a scope and mounts. My last 5-shot group from my VS .223 measured .246", center-to-center.

Back