Savage Mark II FV-SR

priell3

I just picked this up four days ago. Haven't had it to the range yet.

2z3xqts.jpg

Hi Mike,

I've had my FV-SR for about 2 weeks, topped it with an almost duplicate BSA scope, shoots well with CCI CB shorts & longs, Remington sub-sonic, and CCI Remington .22 shorts at 830fps.

Silencerco's Sparrow will be here next month. All trial shooting has been successful and quiet....... Trigger is awesome and at $225, nothing else comes close.

Steve

I have a Mk II as well that is a blast. Its not as all decked out as yours, but it still tons of fun and really accurate. I would like to put a bipod on mine as well, just working on getting another gun all set up first.

Have fun!!!

I finally got a chance to shoot my FV-SR today. It is a blast, just like you said, Yung.gunr. I might go to the range again tomorrow.

Another day at the range and I'm getting better, even with my old eyes and unsteady hands. This is 50 yards with 4 power scope and CCI AR Tactical ammo. Shot just as well with Federal bulk ammo from Walmart.

fkwsr9.jpg

About 200 rounds thru it by this point; hot barrel. Moderate wind, temps in low 90s.

I can see this gun being a favorite at the range.

Mrk II TR

I've got a Mk II TR, the same action with the tac stock , accutrigger and a tad longer barrel. It is a great shooter,and even common Rem bulk ammo groups very well from it. My only criticism is that the mags/feed system is ticky and not especially reliable. Aggrevating for a rifle that shoots so well.

...and start watching the CDNN sales list so you can pick up some 10rd mags... they are not cheap, but when CDNN has a sale and offers cheap shipping, grab about 5 of them (I wish I had bought more).

I paid $12.99 ea w/ $6.99 total shipping about 4 months ago... get on their mailing list.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/samk50504and.html

My FV-SR has a Simmons .22MAG scope and has about 500rds or random bulk-pack crap through it... has been perfect.

Best part... I paid $199 shipped from Buds back at Christmas time... currently they're $270!

But you can get essentially the same gun without the threading and rail for $190... the FV still has the bull-barrel and is very sexy at $191.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/36_62_975/products_id/24563

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC06235 (Large).JPG
    DSC06235 (Large).JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 446
Last edited:
Here is my FV-SR with a suppressor mounted - after all, what good is the "SR" option if you are not going to suppress it. :p :D The scope is a Nikon 1.5 - 4.5x20

SavageFV_SR_withsuppressoratrange.jpg

And here is a picture of a 5 shot group I shot with it earlier this week. Using the fairly new .22 CCI Quiet ammunition in conjunction with a suppressor is absolutely the quietest way to shoot this gun. But groups with the Quiet ammo were in the 1.5-2.5" range. (The pictured group was shot with CCI Mini Mags)

FV_SR_CCIMiniMagsgroupat50yds.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have a sound meter to measure with but to my untrained ear.........shooting CCI Quiet's through my FV-SR ........is...........well.................very quiet :D

Kind of bringing an old thread back to life with this.... but this one has a lot fo good info and pics. I just wanted to share as well.

Just ordered one of these tonight! I have a Remy 700 project I've been working on... but I wanted to use a 22 bolt gun to learn about windage doping and such...

I'm just getting into the bolt gun and precision shooting game. Looking forward to hearing anyone else's experience with this gun. Looks like it should be a blast for just pennies. My only other .22lr is a conversion kit for my AR... but that's a very different purpose.

I love shooting my FS VR! Here it is with a Nikon 3-9x40 BDC scope and SS Sparrow suppressor. With subsonic ammo its very very quite. If there is a little noise around, like conversation, you'll not hear the report. I have plans for a Boyds stock and a cerakote finish. I'm far from the good but I can cover a 5 shot group at 50yds with a nickle, thats good for me!
photobucket-32195-1358031652229.jpg

BTW that is a custom Rustoleum "Tactical Nutmeg" paint on the original stock. :D

Back