savage bottom plate exchange

Ron Jeremy

Inactive
I recently purchased a Savage 10fp-sr, by far the most accurate rifle I own. The only downside to it is that I am not a huge fan of the internal box mag. Is there a aftermarket bottom plate that I can install to make it accept a detachable box? Not that it really matters, just curious.

I looked at that as well, but I think it's an extended magazine (or magazine extender?) for a rifle that already has a DBM. No new bottom metal.

C

I you want something other than the blind magazine the most economical route is to sell/trade the gun you have for what you want. Any conversion will end up costing more than the guns value.

FWIW, I'd just as soon have the blind magazine. It takes about 3 seconds longer to unload the gun, it is cheaper, lighter, makes for a stiffer stock and has fewer things to go wrong.

They have that one for the more tactical rifles. But if you have a centerfeed magazine system you can convert back and forth from hinged floorplate and the savage DBM for which they also have a kit.

Back