Savage Axis II

cervri

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Savage Axis II in 6.5 Creedmoor...I finaly got out to shoot it today and very dissatisfied...Every time I fired a round the magazine would drop down in the rear, so that you have to reinsert it every time you fired a round. I made sure that it snapped into place every time. Anyone else ever run into this??:confused::confused::(

Anyone else ever run into this?

Nope.

My Axis (not with the adjustable trigger) in 223 does not do that.

You should call Savage, explain the problem and see how they want to resolve it. Given the way the magazine catch works, its possible it is as simple a thing as they sent you the wrong magazine with the gun. If it's more involved, they should make it right.

Should be in Bolt Action.

Savages come with all sorts of odd things.

Action screws were loose on both the new ones I got.

If you can't figure out the why, then Savage will have to solve it or a gun smith. Savage takes some time of course.

Move to bolt action rifle. Not about reloading.

There has been a problem with some recent Axis rifles with magazines with more plastic doing that. It has been fixed in more recent production, per reviews I was reading on Bud's gun shop yesterday. Definitely, call Savage. They should send you the better magazine. Worst case they may want you to pay for it. I am thinking I would buy one if I was sure I was getting the metal one. My 223 Edge (they had to change the name to Axis due to a copyright issue) came with a metal one. I think they tried more plastic to cut costs, and it bit them badly. I was going to buy a 2nd mag, but they were out of stock, then went plastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back