Savage Axis II Heavy Threaded Barrel

Marco Califo

Www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com
Anyone ever buy guns through them?
I have an Savage Axis II XP Heavy Threaded Barrel 308 with Camo stock order with them. The $419+tax and $6 shipping cleared my credit card in one day, but they are saying 2.5 weeks to ship to my FFL.
This rifle is "off-catalog" (not a Savage released option, not in the Savage catalog), and was most likely special ordered in bulk by a wholesaler. I like it! They did not have 30-06 in same configuration but did have other calibers. The web site is difficult to search and I had to page through tons.

I bought a camo axis 2 hb in 223 hb a few years back. It was not listed either . A Boyd’s stock and I got a great rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Www.sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com
Anyone ever buy guns through them?
I have an Savage Axis II XP Heavy Threaded Barrel 308 with Camo stock order with them. The $419+tax and $6 shipping cleared my credit card in one day, but they are saying 2.5 weeks to ship to my FFL.
This rifle is "off-catalog" (not a Savage released option, not in the Savage catalog), and was most likely special ordered in bulk by a wholesaler. I like it! They did not have 30-06 in same configuration but did have other calibers. The web site is difficult to search and I had to page through tons.
I have bought a couple times from them. Give it 2 weeks and you will get it.

Yes, it is threaded on the muzzle end for a muzzle brake or suppressor.
Boyd's does make stocks for the Axis HB, at least in RH SA. This is an older model with the skinny stock. I believe I will replace that stock with Boyd's walnut for ~$200, but no hurry.

Back