Savage Axis 223 rifle

motorsgt49

Inactive
:(Hi, yesterday i cleaned my rifle and i took off the extractor from the bolt, when i did that the 1/8 steel ball flew like a shot, i could't find it. When i go to Savage parts to order it wont let me because the rifle series. The part # is N-12. where can i get one? Please let me know. Thanks

That eighth-inch steel ball is known to zing off into an alternate universe. However, most fair size towns have a place that services bearings and that little steel ball is simply a hardened ball for a bearing. You can probably get them locally for little or nothing. Last summer I lost one, and went to the bearing shop in our hometown. The lady at the desk wrapped a piece of tape around her finger, stuck it in a box of bearings, and brought out five of those little balls. The didn't even charge me because I've been a customer before and it wasn't worth writing an invoice.

Look around locally, I"m sure you've got a place that will sell you some.

1/8 steel ball for my Axis

Thanks to all of you, i used my craftman 3/8 rachet that has the ball in the level that change the direction of the tool. It was the perfect ball for my rifle.

Back