Savage 29B

VarmintJim

Inactive
Hello all,

New here, but not to firearms. I appreciate the opportunity to obtain some assistance...

I have a Savage Model 29B that I am restoring. The rifle was handed down within my family and is missing the cartridge stop and cartridge stop pin. I have searched high and low but have come up with nothing.

I was hoping one of your here might own this rifle and offer some assistance. If possible could someone please take a photograph of the cartridge stop and pin, to allow me to machine one? In turn I might be able to help someone out who is looking for these same parts for their rifle.

The part appears to be fairly simple, but I have no information on its specs.

I look forward to getting this rifle back in order some I can hand it off to my son.

Thanks very much in advance,

James

Thanks,

And I think I have located the two parts I need. Ordered and on the way. I won't get too excited until I know they are the correct ones.

Cheers,

James

Well I received the parts and installed them. They needed a little bit of tuning as do many parts when newly installed. Perfect. The 29b is now fully functioning. I also located a new magazine tube for the rifle which is waiting at home to be installed.

For those of us that come across old rifles in need of parts, I strongly recommend Jack First. This company has some very friendly employees that seem to always have what you need in stock and machine many of the impossible parts to find themselves.

James

Glad to hear that you got it up and running again. I've not seen a 29B in years. Friends of mine had one when I was a kid. Always liked it.

Thanks. It is a fun little rifle to shoot, now that is fully functioning again. I also picked up an exploded parts schematic with part numbers from Numrich. In researching the fix for the rifle, it seems the missing cartridge stop is a common issue. The part falls out fairly easily when disassembling the rifle when the magazine tube is removed.

Anyway, happy shooting...

James

Back