Savage 200

Bucksnort1

All,

I bought a consigned (looks like it just came out of the box) bolt action Savage 200 in .223. It came with a BSA 6X24X40. Does anyone have experience with the BSA? I know it's an entry level scope and gun and that's ok with me; it's just what I wanted. The gun did not come with BSA instructions and I can't find them on the internet. Does anyone have a good site for owner's manuals?

Tell me if I have this right. If I'm using the scope at a level higher than 9X then I adjust the parallax ring on the front to the distance I'm shooting. It isn't necessary to do this for powers under 9X. Is this correct?

Are we talking about the Stevens 200? I have one, and my neighbors son bought him one in .270 winchester and they both shoot nicely.

The Stevens 200 is nothing but an older style Savage 110 action set into a really ugly composite stock. They are cheap but VERY functional and normally very accurate. I see them as a decent value. They seem to have been replaced with the Savage Axis which, in my opinion, is not nearly as good a rifle.

Tell me if I have this right. If I'm using the scope at a level higher than 9X then I adjust the parallax ring on the front to the distance I'm shooting. It isn't necessary to do this for powers under 9X. Is this correct?

Parallax adjustment is all about distance not really X-power. The effects of parallax may be more noticeable at higher X-power. If you use good shooting form and maintain a consistent cheek weld, parallax is a less significant problem.

i agree doyle i am a big savage fan but cant just get into the axis. i wish they would have just done the stevens with a better stock:(

Savage

Hooligan 1,

Yes, Stevens 200. Heck, the scope is almost as long as the rifle, if you attach the sun shield.

"There once was a man named Clyde who fell in an outhouse and died
His brother fell in another and died like his brother and now they're interred side by side".

It isn't necessary to do this for powers under 9X. Is this correct?
Parallax happens at all magnifications, but is more noticeable at higher powers
If you have an adjustment, you might as well use it all the time

The Stevens 200 is nothing but an older style Savage 110 action set into a really ugly composite stock. They are cheap but VERY functional and normally very accurate. I see them as a decent value. They seem to have been replaced with the Savage Axis which, in my opinion, is not nearly as good a rifle.
Nobody told my axis it wasn't very good lol

Back