Savage 124C bolt action ... Jammed ?

vorgath

Saw one for 50 bucks, sold as is, store said it was a parts gun.

Now honestly I don't know how those straight pull back 124's work, are you supposed to be able to rack the bolt back ?

It wouldn't, soooo what could cause that ? Rusted stuck ? Or an internal part broke and jammed it ?

Before everyone laughs and says forget about it, same store was selling a FEG pistol a while ago, as is, why ? Because if the 24 lb trigger pull ... It just happens that's how those pistols were designed lol

I'm asking because if nothing else I could sell the wood stock, since most of the 124's came with the tenite plastic stock

The knob(locking bolt) on the right side of the action pulls out to the right unlocking the action, then the bolt can be pulled the rear with the knob(locking bolt).

There is a release lever on the trigger guard that allows the locking bolt to be moved if the hammer is cocked.

Ah ok, thanks a lot. I do remember one release lever, but I guess I didn't have both of them right.

Well if they still have it I'll get it, project gun lol

If you check on the Numrich Arms site, they have many spare parts for that gun. Collector interest, zero, but as a collector oddity maybe.

It was a utility repeater shotgun that was inexpensive to make and sell.

It's simply a somewhat interesting gun. You either shoot from shoulder then rack the bolt, or you walk shoot and tilt it to rack it AK-47 style lol

Picked her up, later on out in the parking lot as I was grabbing something I decided to wiggle it a bit and play around with it, got the bolt action to work.

Today I'll get some snap caps, and see how she operates.

Back