Savage 112 Magnum Target

Interested in getting one of these rifles to take out to 1000+ yards...price looks good on them but I assume that Savage hasn't actually shipped any of them out yet as no matter where I search I can't seem to find any. That being said, does anyone have an idea on a timeline for when Savage might start shipping these rifles? Thanks ahead of time!

Savage #1 Fan here. If I see it right this is a 338 Lapua?. Whille I ca see the fun of having one, along with the big cost of even reloading for one. I guess I jst have to ask-why?. Just to shoot now and then?. Many better choices for 1000 yard shooting. I have the Savage Model 12 F Class in a 6MMBR. 1000 yards is a cake wlak for it. I have shot many rounds out of the Savage 338 Lapua already and all I can say is- I WANT ONE Too, But-really couls not afford to shoot it very much.

It's more just to have a big fun boomer to shoot once in a while, for practical 1000 yard shooting one of my .260's 6mm's or even .308's can all do the job, but they aren't as FUN :D plus I have occasional access to 1200 yards to play with so it could see some use there, too

Three- You are right there. It was by far the funiest rifle I have shot. It was like a mule kick in the shoulder everytime. I loved it. I am not recoil sensative, It seems the harder they kick the more fun they are to shoot.

Back