savage 111 vs savage 110 in 30-06

p5200

I plan to buy one of these guns used tomorrow both in the plain black synthetic stock at a local gun shop. the 111 has the accutrigger but the 110 does not are bot of these rifles about equal as far as accuracy goes? Thanks! :)

p5200,

I like the accu-trigger it is easily adjustable and would play a part in the accuracy of the rifle.
The accu-trigger is one of the better out of the box triggers.

If they have the synthetic stocks you will probabally want replace it sooner or later as the synthetics are rather flimsy. B&C Duramaxx stocks are nice and run around $100 from midway.

Both are fine rifles , I just listed the stock as an upgrade you may want to do later.

Mike

Either is fine but the accu trigger might be the version I'd go with. I've got a Savage without the accu-trigger and its the only regret I have. Very accurate and reliable rifle and I wouldn't trade it for any thing.

As a side note, the poster above was right, sooner or later you may want to replace the plastic stock.

I'll admit that I've not shot an AccuTrigger yet; but I've never had the slightest problem getting 110's to shoot great using the stock trigger. They are easily adjusted.

I'll admit that I've not shot an AccuTrigger yet;

Some people don't like the two stage trigger feel of the accu-trigger . I have never felt that was an issue .

but I've never had the slightest problem getting 110's to shoot great using the stock trigger. They are easily adjusted.

I adjusted the trigger on my pre-accu-trigger 116 and just couldn't get the feel of the other rifles I have with the accu-trigger so I found a guy who had done a timeny trigger and had an accu-trigger laying around . I swaped it out in about 20 minutes.

Mike

Another thing to look for on the 111 is the center feed magazine. I assume since the 110 is non accu trigger it is a staggered feed and aftermarket stocks are readily available. They tend to be a little more scarce for the center feeds but that it changing. It's not a show stopper but something to be aware of.

If the 111 is a center feed Sharp Shooter Supply will offer a detactable magazine conversion for it, could be a nice option to have.

All else being equal, I'd go for the Accutrigger model.

+1 Bulletbill.

After market stocks for centerfeed actions are scarce. I believe SSS has centerfeed stocks though .

Mike

p5200,

The easiest way is to look into the mag well .

A center feed will feed the cartrdges to the center of the mag well before the bolt picks it up . When you open the bolt completely at the rear of the mag well there are two black lips that center the cartridge. A stagger feed will pick up the the cartridges as they lay, offset ( double stack ) and center the round as it is chambered.

Or you can remove the action from the stock , If the mag well comes with the reciever it is stagger feed . The center feed mag wells are not attached to the reciever.

Or you can measure the reciever bolt spacing . I don't remember what the difference is is spacing wise between the two but they are different . If you need me to I can check mine ...I have both..

Mike

Thanks, I appreciate your help, If you have the free time, you could check them for me but, don't go out of your way! Thanks Again! :) I looked inside the top and I don't see two lips at the rear I just see one raised high long lip on the left side the right side is flat all the way to the rear of the follower if that helps?

Yeah, these screws are 5 1/4" center to center That Bell and Carlson stock says savage 110 but, I assume it should fit the 111 also. I think I'll order one when I get the funds. Thanks! :)

p5200,

The 110 denotes log action, a 10 would be short action. It will not fit a center feed though .

Mike

Another stock option for you is hogue overmolded stocks. They have been released for the savage 110 and variants. You can get them in black, green and tan. I am thinking of getting one for my 110. The bell and carlsons are supposed to require some fitting. If you read the reviews a lot of people have returned them because they dont fit their rifle properly.

Pics solve all problems when trying to get help online. Hogue finally released Savage stocks? Wow, they had them for sale on their web site for 2 years before they made any....

Yeah posting a pic of the magazine would tell you in about 5 minutes. Go with the B&C stock either way if you're going to hunt with it. Otherwise there's sure to be tactical stocks coming out for it as well as laminated in just about every design you can imagine. All in time of course.

If your mag well looks the one here it's a centerfeed;

http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,13731.0.html

Since I'm new here, sorry if this is considered bad form.

Sorry I couldn't post any photos but, I must have the staggered feed since it has the 5 1/4" action screw spacing and also, the magazine is attached to the action. Thanks verry much Fellas! :)

Back