Savage 111 or Remmington 7400

brgr

Inactive
I'm getting a rifle and I have my eye on these two rifles the Savage 11 series with accutrigger .270 bolt action for $349.00 or a Remmington 7400 30-06 semi auto for $399.00.

Which would you get and why?

I have read on here that the Savage bolt action is pretty much dead on accurate right out of the box. I have also read that the Remmington is a good gun but have also read that they can jam up quite often if not kept clean and that they can be pretty hard to clean.

I am going to use it for deer hunting and probably plinking around a little bit.

How hard is it to clean the Savage?

To clean Savage bolt action remove bolt, insert rod guide, swab and brush barrel.
Wipe and lube bolt.

That is about all I do to a bolt action although if you want to get fancy, there are cleaning tools to get at the locking lug recesses and stuff.

I think that the 7400 carries a little easier and handles a little faster. If you are still hunting in forested areas, the Rem might be a batter choice.

-tINY

Ive got a 7400 and it is more accurate than i thought it would be groups under an inch at 100 yds... It does have to be cleaned from the muzzle end which i dont like but other than that has been good for me. I like it...never owned a savage though so i couldnt say.

Back