Savage 110 jams!

Moloch

Hi!

I have a problem with my Savage 110 .30-06 and I hope you can help me!

It shoots great, accurate as hell! BUT!
I shot about 50 rounds through it and once I couldn't pull the trigger! A life round was chambered and as I tried to pull the accu-trigger it just made a ''tinging'' sound, the firing pin was still in place and in cocked position, the trigger didnt move. Lifted the bolt and closed it three times but nothing helped.
Extracted the cartridge, worked the bolt a few times, worked the safety and dry-fired it, it worked.
The only thing I did differently is putting a round directly into the chamber and closing the bolt, all the other rounds were chambered from the magazine.

If I remember correctly I had exactly the same problem with a friends 10FP in .308, it sometimes jammed if you put a round directly into the chamber, it didnt work well.:confused:

Accutrigger model? If you don't pull back directly on the trigger you can get the malfunction you describe, where the trigger falls but the sear doesn't disengage.

Jimro

Hey where is all those people that recommend Savage every time someone ask about Remington. Surly of all the Savage lovers someone should have a solution............:eek:

Palmetto Pride,

If you are getting lazy and don't pull directly back on the Accutrigger and full disengage the trigger safety you get the "ting" no fire situation. This is a safety feature built into the trigger.

As far as single feeding verses mag feeding, the Savages are push round feed actions, it doesn't make a difference to the rifle how the ammo gets chambered.

Thanks for bringing up the whole "Rem/Savage" debate, it isn't like we haven't done that one in a while.

Jimro

Accutrigger model? If you don't pull back directly on the trigger you can get the malfunction you describe, where the trigger falls but the sear doesn't disengage.

Aaahh, yeah, that makes sense to me. I am used to military triggers on my milsurp rifles so it is very likely that I just had a lazy trigger pull.

Jimro, thank you very much, you saved my day! I almost lost confidence in my rifle. :):)

Back