Steyr Or Savage?

• Steyr SSG 08

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Savage 110 FCP HS

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gunnut17

Which of these super awesome rifles is the superior sniper rifle? The American Savage 110 FCP HS or the Austrian Steyr SSG 08?

Steyr bold action rifles are overhyped for what they are.

I got a good deal on a used Steyr. They a good guns, but not as robust as I would like them be and not good value for money at all. Spare parts are from what I hear hard to obtain. I think that Steyr bold action rifles are overhyped for what they are. But that can be said for so many other European rifle makers (this coming from the mouth of a European).

I would hands down go for the Savage. It is at least as accurate at a fraction of the price. Barrels can be exchanged etc. Maybe it is not as unique but it will get the job done .

If I ever wanted to spend serious money on a bolt action I would go for the Brittish Accuracy International AE MKIII

Other than a few reviews I have read (which must be taken with a grain of salt, of course), I have no experience with Steyr. I am a Savage 10 owner, though, and I love it.
I am generally a proponent of finding a balance between high quality and low cost, and the Savage 10/110 is a good way to strike that balance, since you can often find them at lower prices than other rifles of comprable quality.
Just my $.02

They a good guns, but not as robust as I would like them be and not good value for money at all.

Makes sense, I hear that a lot of European sniper rifles are modeled after the design of a lot of competition rifles because of the features that they have to increase accuracy, but at the cost of durability.

Can't believe how long it took for someone to post on here.

Back