Savage 110 Combos at Cabelas

DTrain

Hello,
The Cabelas in Dundee MI has Savage 110 combos in their add for $529.99. They have a grey laminate stock and a Cabelas Pine Ridge 3x9-40 scope. I called to confirm and they do have the accu-trigger and a internal box magazine.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/home/pages/rflyers/1SE08_SpringGO_07.pdf

Is this a decent price? I am looking to fill the void between my 22lr and my .270Win (primary deer hunting rifle). I am considering the .243Win for varmints (woodchucks) up to coyotes.

Thanks!

That seems really high to me, I know I've seen various 110's and 111's on sale around $350, and while I'm sure the pineridge will be a serviceable scope I don't think its worth $180.

A quick check on gunsamerica or gunbroker will probably find a better deal, or shop around a little and get a much better deal. I personally wouldn't be in a hurry to jump on that.

You're paying for the rifle & scope combo. I can't advise about whether the money you're paying for the pine ridge scope is worth it, because I have no experience with those scopes. Anyone know how much the rifle without scope would cost, or whether the pine ridge scope is any good?

Could there be additional cost added because of the laminate stock vs the standard? That stock is not available on any of the package guns right from Savage.

I think the Savage is a great rifle. I think the scope in a combo package sucks and most likely isn't worth a lot of money. If you can find a non combo Savage you'd better off buying it and adding a better scope and rings.

Just posted about this on another thread yesterday the .243 combo with the simmons scope is only 365 at Walmart atm. I couldnt find anyone to beat that price or come cose to it lol, so to my shock I bought a gun at walmart :D the simmons is a decent scope which by itself is going for 149 here in Az at cabela's just fyi. Its not anywhere near top of the line or first choice but not a bad deal and worth keeping it on the gun to bang up for awhile. So far its shooting well and the scope isnt a tota piece definitly nice for a gun thats intended to be used or lugged through the brush. I know I wont feel bad when it breaks lol

Back