Savage 110 bolt problem

KenReb

Just finished replacing the base and rings for my scope, and after a thorough cleaning, the bolt will not close completely. It will close just far enough to be able to fire, but I'm guessing it is only closing about 1/3 of the way down. I cannot figure this one out. I cannot see any screws for the scope base protruding through into the bolt area, and I did not disassemble anything else. Only removed the bolt. The firing pin releases, safety engages to all three positions after it is cocked. Can't think of anything else to add. Hope someone can help. I've had fits with the scope rings not holding, think I have that one solved, but my Elk trip is approaching fast.
Thanks
Ken

If I remember on my model 10flp I had the same thing. I think I turned the lugs 180* and reinserted the bolt.:confused:

What a D*@& A#% I am

Sorry, but I panicked without thinking. After thinking about it for a few minutes, I realized I cannot see into the area where the bolt lugs lock into the receiver. The scope base is a Leuopold and has 2 long screws and 1 short screw. I had one of the long screws over this area, and it was preventing the bolt from rotating fully. Swapped them around and all is well. Now I just have to remount and level the scope.

Ken

Back