Savage 110 Beauty (1958?)

silverbullet6oh

Hello everyone.

I just picked up a Savage 110 in .30-06 and a serial number of 1328.

I was reading about the serial numbers they used with Savage in these models. I found out they started at 1000. So I guess that means I have the 328th one built? But would that be for the 110 models in general or specifically to the .30-06 110 models?

It is in fantastic condition. I was amazed. The rifling and barrel show next to no use. It has an OLD Burris 2-7 in great condition. Monte Carlo stock with checkering. And the bolt also has the same serial number of that on the barrel.

Picked it up for $300 Out The Door. :D I figured it would have been worth about $600-$700 without the scope.

I am pretty proud! But maybe I am just excited about having a quality rifle for hunting this year.

If anybody has any more insight on the serial numbers that would be great. Or the worth of a rifle like this?

rifle 1.jpg

rifle 2.jpg

monte carlo.jpg

That's a beauty... and a VERY early production.

If I'm not mistaken, date code 11J indicates 1958 and you're correct, the serial number indicates the 328th production.

Is that stamp double struck off-center or is it just your pic?

That's a beauty... and a VERY early production.

If I'm not mistaken, date code 11J indicates 1958 and you're correct, the serial number indicates the 328th production.

Is that stamp double struck off-center or is it just your pic?

Thanks Brian. If your talking about the "Proof Tested .30-06" stamping, yes that is double struck. Interesting......

Good catch.

- Preston

Thanks everyone. I am excited to get out on the range soon with it.

I have been looking at the Hornady GMX 150gr for it. The ballistic coefficient looks good for that cartridge.

Of course, I will be looking at other 150gr cartridges to see which one the rifle will produce the best results as far as accuracy goes.

- Preston

Great buy on a very nice rifle. Anybody know when Burris started making scopes?

I can't find any info on this older scope in regards to years of manufacturing and the style of "Burris" writing on it. I can only find the the older looking Burris' with newer writing of "Burris".

- P

Don't know much about those earlier Savage bolts. Seen em around over the years but I never had that craving to want one for my very own. I think the turn off for me was their oversized Bee Hive bolt plug. Although around that same time I was indeed enamored with a wanting: Savage 99 models. To which I bought a couple 300's that I couldn't really afford at the time and still have today as a reminder. " Got too. Purchase within my means."
If the 110 models appeal to another's eye. Hey! That's fine and dandy. Yes by all means: "Enjoy you're prize possession."

Back