Savage 110 BA Anyone?

N00b_Shooter

I was thinking about getting one in .300 Win Mag. I read some info on them and they seem like great value for money, but I'm not sure how well they shoot or how the build quality is.

So, does anyone own or has anyone shot a Savage 110 BA?

savage110ba01.png

Savages are good guns, I have no experience with the BA but I do have a Savage Model 10 fcp in 308. And its a nice shooter I can cover a 3 shot group at 100 with a quarter if I do my part.

Savage 110 BA /.338 LM

I have a 110 BA and when the trigger is working, it is very accurate out the 1000 yds (longest local range available). Savage has replaced the AccuTrigger assembly twice and the rifle is currently at Savage for another replacement. After firing 8 to 10 factory rounds, the trigger locks up and the sear will not release. We tried all of the recommended adjustments to the trigger to no avail.

Here is a pic of a 300 yd target using HSM 300 gr factory rounds.
DSC00068.jpg

We configured the 110 BA with a Nightforce NXS2256 scope, Barrett BORS and a Harris bipod. The total rig weighs in at 20 lbs even. Felt Recoil is about equal to a .308.

DSC00054.jpg

about equal to .308 eh ? YOu must have got yours in 338 Lapua.

I've read they are the most accurate factory rifle out now, bettering rifle's costing 2 or 3 times as much... Sorry to hear about that trigger though.

Back