Savage 110 30-06

toolmaan

Looking at a Savage 110 Bolt 30-06 rifle at a local pawn shop. Looks as if it has hardly been used. They are asking $295 for it. Thye have another one for a little more money that comes with a cheap scope, but it doesn't look to be in as good of shape. Been doing some reading on the Savage rifles and they look to be a good rifle. Does this seem like a decent price or am I better off purchasing a new one? The guy did say he has had several rifles pawned this week and expects more in the coming weeks.

You can basicly buy a new Savage 110 for that price it is called the Stevens 200. Most have been going for $290 locally or less if you check out one of the internet auctions sites. I would go tell the pawn broker to cut you a better deal or you will go buy a new one.

toolman - Taylor is right if you can find a local reseller BUT if you buy new on line you have to pay shipping ($20-$25) and someone to receieve it ($15 -25). Many add a cheap scope in the mix for less experienced people to feel they got a bargain. I find them disposable and and not worth entering into the equation. Would definitely pick a cleaner rifle w/o one.

Back