savage 110 .243?

mp25ds4

My friend has a savage 110 .243 with a scope, camo stock, and bipod for sale for 300$. it seems to be in good condition. is this a good deal?

does it have the accutrigger? either way it sound worth it.

5 or 6 years ago a friend came up to me(before I became a fan of the .243) and offered to sell me a ".243 with a scope" for $150 my reply was "I don't want a .24...I'll come by tomorrow" turned out to be a savage 110 pre-accutrigger in .243win topped off by a simmons 3-9X40 in excellent shape. at the time the only reason I bought it was because I knew I could turn it for a profit. had it a month or two, shot maybe a box or two through it. sold it to another friend for $250 and regretted it ever since.:(

Saw a Savage LH .243

at a gun show last weekend in Longview, TX, with scope, for $425.

But, it had the most beautifully figured stock I believe I have ever seen on any rifle at any price. And a high gloss finish.

Couldn't be a factory stock - not a Savage - could it?

Also had the deepest blue action/barrel I have ever seen - on a Savage?
Who would of thunk it?

Another strange thing - about 6 inches forward of the barrel locking lug was an expanded section of the barrel, for only about 3/4 of an inch, then the normal barrel taper continued. What's up with that?

Wish I had bought it. Would have been a good addition to my LH Win Mod 70 (270 WSM), and my LH Dubiel Custom (7X57).

Hope I find it at this weekends gun show in Tyler, TX. Oh that the gun show gods could smile on me again!

But how would I sneak it by my redhead?

Back