Savage 11/111 which is it?

TheDutchman19

Last year I purchased a Savage 11/111 Trophy Hunter. Now it's time to upgrade the Tupperware stock, but I am a little confused.

The gun has a DBM, bolt release is on the bottom near the trigger guard and plastic bottom trim. When I look for my configuration on the stock manufacture websites they have my options in both an Savage 11 as well as Savage 111.

What's the difference?

Other than the stock, its not bad for the money. I normally shoot smaller calibers in a heavier gun.

Here in California we can not use lead hunting bullets. I havent spent enough time figuring them out. They have been challenging. Nonlead hunting bullet groups are 1.25 to 1.5. It shoots lead bullet groups right at 1 MOA.

Savage Freak!!!

Dude I had one, with a little stock work and proper scope mounting and handloading that rifle shot 3/4 moa with three different bullets. Very fine rifle for the money if tweaked properly....;)

Oh yeah, those 150 grn E-Tips from Nosler shot pretty nice through it, but there's a different OAL to use. Make sure you follow Noslers recomendation for a faster start..;)

I have one in a 22-250. I have not played with it to much as it was a spot buy for me. I will have to work on it this summer some more.

I'm not from California, but I have shot a lot of lead free because they perform. Barnes X, in all its variants, is a scary accurate bullet in every rifle I have ever tried it in.(app 40 different rifles)

Back