Savage 10 FP Tactical .308 Rifle Any good?

Nate

Inactive
Would like opinions on the Savage 10-FP tac rifle. Was initially looking at the emington 700's and the Winchester 70's. ame across the Savage's, and they are very attractive due in part to their substantially cheaper price ($200 less). I will only be doing long range target shooting/plinking and will NOT be hunting. Would it be wise to go with the savage and use the extra $200 to get a better scope than would be possible if I went with the Rem or Win? Any first hand experiences with this Savage rifle would be greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone know of any websites that sell Savage's at great prices. I can get the Savage locally for ~ $360.

Thanks!
Nate...

I love mine my only problem is that I live in the mountains and there isn't a place long enough to really "reach out and touch something." I have heard of people who have put 3 out of 5 shots in the same hole. Besides that extra $200 adds to a nice scope.

Nate,

Look back in this forum about 45 days and you'll find my review of the 10FP and the initial range experiences. Bottom line: it's a keeper!

-=[Bob]=-

Back