Sauer & Sohn 1943

thelovacluka

Inactive
Dear friends,

could you help me with identifing my rifle and estimating its price? That would be very helpfull because I cannot find anyone who can do that. :(

sauer-sohn-1943-dvocijevka-slika-16828201.jpg

sauer-sohn-1943-dvocijevka-slika-16828202.jpg

sauer-sohn-1943-dvocijevka-slika-17665668.jpg

sauer-sohn-1943-dvocijevka-slika-16828200.jpg

Thank you for your time!

I see a 16 gauge shotgun made sometime from 1912-1939.
Not a rifle, not 1943.
It looks in excellent condition, but be aware that the chambers are the old European standard of 65mm and shoots 2 1/2" shells, not the present US 2 3/4".

I cannot find what the ZEWE signifies.

Sorry, I don't do appraisals or even Internet Price Is Right.

Thank you Jim, although my english is very good, I've never used it in this context so I still have to learn what is what, rifle, shotgun etc.

what is a ZEWE?

Where are you? We can provide gun terms in some other languages.

I do not know what a ZEWE is, but it is marked on the gun and is seen in the second picture. It may be a dealer's trademark but I could not find it listed.

Zewe is a German surname; beyond that, I don't know, except that it may be the original retailer.

Jim

I am from Croatia and we have many german made weapons here.

From what I have seen in ads, these Sauer & Sohn shotguns can vary much in quality and price that's why I am confused.

True. Sauer has made many different models.
There was a J.P. Sauer collector who used to post here and had a lot of information on them. But I have not seen anything by him recently.

I'm wondering if this is an early post-war product. The stamping looks like it's done with some very worn stamps. Makes you wonder if they were dug out when the use of the Nazi stamps became unacceptable.

Back