Saturday's Pro-Gun Rallies

othermarc

I made it to the Connecticut rally just in time, despite leaving a little late.

I am glad I did, as I saw some great speakers, and do not feel along in CT anymore. Quite the contrary, actually. I feel like I am not doing enough now!:O Well, I'm motivated for more, and I know others are as well.

We had 3 legislators speak on the back steps of the capitol building, as well as a lobbist and representatives from the group that organized it. It was poor weather, yet I would say maybe 75 people were there. There was press coverage, police protection, but not one counter-protester.

I was impressed by the people that arrived. It wasn't all 4X4 driving hicks like myself. All sorts of professions, ages, creeds, and both sexes were well represented. That made me smile. There was one person there that made me a tad nervous, as he was scribbling notes on participants, but was not participating. I figure he was a reporter, but what was weird is that he wrote down that one person was smoking a pipe, and the position of where a person was standing witha a flag. Don't have a clue what he was doing. No harm done, I guess.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what other states did, so please share.

------------------
Connecticut is the "Constitution" State
http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/beefclub

I was going to goto one here in Salt Lake...
More of a picnic than a RALLY...

But as you can see - been posting all day - I have been stuck at work on a project waiting for emails ans crap...
Didn't get to go. But I did have a chance to throw some HTML Code into my "homepage."

Grumble...freakin... @*#&%!!...WORK!@$!#@$!

------------------
"America is a melting pot, the people at the bottom get burned while all the scum floats to the top."

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

I had running around to do to get my move ready to go, so i didnt attend.....With the lack of interest in this area, I doubt if any one showed up...fubsy.

Fubsy, that was my sentiment, too. But I was pleasantly surprised. I think it's always good to try, especially with this kind of thing. Some showing up a lot better than none.

I feel as though I've earned the right to bitch about the government. Before I was just a grumbling, voting citizen, but after writing letters, and going to a rally, I have made efforts to make my voice heard. Legislators listen to votes and rallies, not my web page or complaints to friends. My 2 cents.

------------------
Connecticut is the "Constitution" State
http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/beefclub

Saw my brother today for the first time in 5 years. It was great, but does anyone in North Carolina have a Rally Report?

-boing

We had a couple of hundred people rally in the rain last year at the Bunker Hill Monument on a weekend. This year we had 5000 on Boston Common during the week on a work day! Hang in there and work with your state organizations.
Check out www.GOAL.ORG and www.LARGO.Org

[This message has been edited by Paul Morceau (edited August 23, 1999).]

Duplicate

Back