Saturday in the yard

Beagle333

I cast a pan of 429421's today from a Lyman single cav mold. They turned out pretty nice and almost makes me wish I actually had a .44
They dropped at .431-.432

sized:
Sunday2%20003_zpsxurwoiiq.jpg

as-cast:
Saturday20014_zpstfwcchlb.jpg

Saturday20013_zps95aqmpku.jpg

And I cast another pile from an Ideal 358250 SC, an old mold before vent lines. It makes a pretty neat little bullet too! I liked the deep lube grooves in it.
They dropped exactly .358

Saturday%20004_zps49lvif90.jpg

Saturday%20020_zpsp9x6rqev.jpg

Saturday%20018_zpshool6qvu.jpg

Last edited:
in my yard, I could have put bacon on strings and fished for crawdads, the dogs toes are beginning to get webbed as well.

But today I think the sun was shining, I was inside the shop most of it, pouring up bullets and of all things powder coating some of them, and believe it or not, I even got a picture. :D (not quite up to the clarity and quality of "Rembrandt Beagle" though) I don't mind though these are for shootin not sittin in the glass lookin case ;)

attachment.php

I did however take a break and head over to the LGS to see if they had some bluing for a little project. They did but not the kind I was looking for. They did however have some 150gr RN bullets I have been looking for, for nearly three years, but would only let me buy one box for Pete's sake. So I also went ahead and picked up a box of some 452-230gr Gold dots, and some 9mm 124gr ones too.

I'll load the 45's for travel ammo and will be passing the 9's along to my friend.

Attachments

• DSCN0190.jpg
    DSCN0190.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
It looks like you were pretty productive!! Not me. We had wet dripping clouds all day. I actually stayed inside long enough to watched a whole NASCAR race, start to finish (very rare) and sized a couple of pans of bullets. :cool:

rained all weekend here too, I just posted up right inside the garage. what is the post sticking outta the top of your mold?? I don't have any fancy mold with buttons and stuff

looks like a way better design than the iron sprue plate digging into the side of my lee molds. I guess it wouldn't be a tough job to put one of those on my molds though

I just received a 4pt sample pack from him, but that Zombie green wasn't in it.

The way I see it, if I hit them with what I already have, colored or not, and they either don't give it up right then, or they decide that they want more, I'll probably not have an issue continuing to feed them more and probably heavier pieces of lead until they are too heavy to make any more forward progress. :D

Back