SASS moves its World Championship..

Brian D.

Yep, as I'm sure some of you know, End of Trail is leaving So. California and relocating to New Mexico, east of Albuquerque. Let's discuss...

Having a World Championship match for any shooting sport in California would be like the NAACP holding a conference in Sun City back in the old apartheid days.

According to Pards that shot there the Ca. range was a pure dung hole.I mean real dung..flies,small,and all!! :(
Sass bought a ranch of it's own and from what I read it will be a premier shooting range.got a 'mountain' for a backstop and enough room for over fourteen wide bays,rv parking for hundreds,yadda yadda.
The location has a lot of sass memebers befuddled,as Tx and Ca have way more cas shooters on a given day than NM does.But then they are looking at 6 big shoots per year,not weekly shoots.
It's going to foster some 'snobbery' as theyre selling memberships/parnterships for upwards of many thousands with spceial privelages attached....the more you pay the more 'privelages.' :(
Since they are a 'for profit' business I can't blame 'em too much for making a living.

The article in the Cowboy Chronicle (CAS newspaper) makes it sound real nice. From reading the article it sounds like they have plenty of room for future expansion also. There's even room for RVs! I wonder it there will be a camping area also?

We here in NM are glad to have you! Be sure to try a green chile cheeseburger while you're here, and PM me if you're coming into town and have Qs! :)

I heard that it was basicaly bought by the SASS Corporation so one of the founders could live there, thats why it's in NW. cheaper.

and still trying to track for sure of the SASS Corperation has copywritten the phrase "Cowboy Action Shooting" or not.

Back