SAR K-12 Sport

Hi there,

I looked at it and the X...but...I just can't do it.

The frame is more Tanfoglio (sometimes called through googling "IFG" for the US importer) than CZ, where the CZ is more updated for ergonomics.

The Shadow 2 or Tactical Sport (UPC: 806703912202) (both have single action only) that this mimics are both currently 1,000 on gun.deals if you look. So that difference is significant in price. Agreed.

I like that it is stainless over the CZ. I really do. The new Sig P226 X-Five is stainless. I personally feel stainless on an expensive gun is good, but stainless on an inexpensive gun is actually trouble. Same goes for chrome which I REALLY like. An example is the new Canik Mete Pro. I would get the Rival without chrome over the Mete Pro. The Mete Pro is suppose to be cheaper than the Rival, but comes with chroming...doesn't make sense and confirms my suspicions that stainless and chrome on cheap guns are done for cheap reasons.

But I bet the fit makes it what it is, $600.

I have been 100% disappointed to reviews lately.

I would precede with optimistic caution. I would also probably say the CZ SP-01 (not Tactical) would be the better gun.

When I was read to buy the Sar K12X, the lack of real views and what I saw has mediocre accuracy in reviews and horrible accuracy in the SAR B6...I kinda lost the initial appeal.

Last edited:
SAR only does 9mm. For this line up they only duplicated the Tanfoglio Limited/ CZ TS with no DA/SA option--which I think is the most popular of these gun lines. So it's odd to begin with.

I don't think 10mm will be coming from SAR.

I have a SAR K2 45 that works very well. It's a bit heavy for EDC, but it also is easier to shoot than my wife's Ruger P345.
The K2 is a CZ-type clone.
Maybe SAR can make that in 10MM.

Best information on it. I really respect the Brian Enose crowd as most shoot their guns and shoot a lot. :)

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/296742-sar-k12-sport-all-the-upgrades/

The checkering on the K12 pictured in the BE thread is just about as pitifully done as on the one I was able to handle in person. The one I examined also showed loose lockup at the radial lugs and an extremely sloppy slide-to-frame fit.

None of the Turkish stuff appeals to me in the least.

55ypR0N.jpg

Awe! When you're wrong you are wrong!

I had totally forgotten the K45. They had some others that they skimmed down on and I had thought they were done with those.

Also, where i was totally wrong, the P8L is the one heck of a DA/SA Tanfog Witness copy.

If they are duplicating the CZ design, a large frame would never happen. It's the Tanfoglio large frame (Large Frame) and large mag that fits the above 40 rounds, with only the CZ 97 using the large frame.

Sorry for the miss information. But like said above, I wouldn't expect more for less than the CZ. And I didn't love my CZ SP-01.

I'm not a fan. A good friend of mine had one. Its a crudely built pistol and worth exactly what you pay for it. Nothing more.

I'll freely admit to being spoiled by the collection I'm fortunate enough to own, but this gun is priced appropriately. I'm not impressed with any of the Turkish pistols on the market and this is just more of the same.

Back