SAR-8 Springfield Armory Rifle

bad_dad_brad

Springfield Armory used to market a SAR-8 battle type rifle which was an aftermarket copy of an HK civilian semi-auto G3 battle rifle. This rifle is chambered in Win .308.

This looks like one hell of a rifle but I guess it was banned or something because Springfield stopped selling them.

Now, I just read magazine called "Gun Guide for Law Enforcement" that says Springfield is re-marketing this rifle in an improved form.
However I do not see it advertised on Springfield's website: www.springfield-armory.com

Does anyone know anything about this rifle - new or older model (like quality, accuracy, price, etc.) ?

The new SAR-8 has an aluminium receiver, made by Federal Arms. I think the only "improvement" is that SA now sells them.

The blocky aluminium receiver looks very ugly, but a lot of people have built them with good results.

[This message has been edited by Destructo6 (edited April 25, 2000).]

The new Springfield SAR8 is their version of the various G3 clones. It seems to be the highest quality of the various clones made, and it is no longer being made at last report due to a shortage of parts kits which meet with Springfield's standards. If you can find one for a good price, get it.

Back