Santa Barbara New Model Army

kab37

Hi,
I own a nice Santa Barbara .44 pistol, an 1858 Remington clone. Would appreciate any information at all on this piece.

Santa Barbra is a Spanish arns maker, they supply all of Spains Military, arms, they made the 58 Remy up to about 20 years ago. I understand that they are the quality of Uberti and some had Walther BBLs. They and Euroarms are the only ones that make a copy of the Remy Old Model Army (no threads showing at the breech). I suspect that R & D and Kirst Uberti Conversion cvylinder will fit, but do not hold me to that. If your cylinder is 2.00 in length then it's a safe bet.

Thanks, Old Dragoon.

Looking back I noticed some postings on the revolver from Octagonal - a Spanish shooter. He had some information but that's old now. Thankfully I don't need any parts YET. I am currently shooting .451 ball, wonderwads and 25 grains Pyrodex p. She shoots better than I can see.

I know the feeling! My originals shoot far better than I can see. They both must have been officer issued as the riflings are really good. Both have all the Subinspector markings, including O. W. Ainsworth, so they were issued. I checked with Springfield Research Service and my Gunsmith Conversion is 50 numbers away from a pistol issued to Co. C 2nd Texas Vol. Cav. on 5-20-1865...over a month after the war was over.

My Armory Conversion has none closer tha about 400 numbers, so I don't have a clue as to where or when it was issued. It too has all the Sub Inspector markings.

Back