Salt Lake Tribune add policy !

1995GMC

Inactive
Last week I called the Tribune to place an add in what they call the Thrifties -$9.00 for 3 lines for 5 days , maximum dollar amount of $300.00- anyway , I wanted to place an add to sale an SKS . I was told by the sales clerk that guns can no longer be placed in the thrifties and have to be placed in the gun section of the want adds -$33.00 for 3 lines for 3 days - It made me mad and I told them to forget it. It bothers the hell out of me that I could run an add for a car , motorcycle , auto parts , dog ,cat , furniture or any other number of things in the thrifty section that also have another specific section but I can't run an add for a rifle ! This bothered me enough that I told them to stop delivery to my house , I know they won't notice , but it made me feel better . Sorry but I needed to vent .

[This message has been edited by 1995GMC (edited July 11, 1999).]

Since they allow ads for guns in other sections it sounds to me like their reasons are purely profit modivated.
Did they offer any explaination?

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Well, after all, this is the next 'loophole', don't you know? The anti-self defense crowd will hammer away at gun shows until they shut 'em down. Then, they'll make it illegal to sell your own firearm - we'll eventually have to run everything through FFL's.

Five years ought to just about do it. Then they can work on that next 'loophole' - possession ...

Back