SAKO RIFLES

freestate

While at my local gun store the other day I got a chance to look at a Sako in .300 Weatherby. This rifle appeared to be of a higher quality than my Remington 700. I would like to hear from anyone who owns a Sako. What has been your experience with them?

Freestate-
I own 2 Sako rifles (.222 and 6mm PPC) and 2 receivers in which I plan to build a .300 and .375 H&H on. I am more than pleased with the Sako's. They are silky-smooth to operate with an adjustable triggers and positive safties. The fit and finish on the .222 is what you will find on some production/custom rifles (it is a delux). The SS 6mm will shoot <.5 MOA with handloads, if I do my part. Nothing against the Remington, but give the Sako a try and I think you will be more than pleased.

If you can find an older Sako of the "pre-Garcia" era, you have one of the slickest critters going.

My Forester dates to around 1971. My usual hunting style is to walk with a round in the chamber and the bolt handle up. Not with the Sako. Just the motion of walking, and back goes the bolt..."Gee, Mommy, they left out the friction!" :)

Regards, Art

The Sako, in particular in its new mod. 75 configuration, is a truly excellent rifle.

The action is one of the best on the market today, and it is noted for its smoothness, strength and positive lockup. It is so good, in fact, that it is one of the top-choices for Custom-rifle makers and their clients.
The new and successful Lazzeroni company (maker of the super-duper-hyped-up-extra-velocity-cartridge rifles) has picked Sako actions for their excellent products.

I'd pick a Sako action over a Remington any day.

If it only came with sights (I happen to like them), the Sako 75 could very well be the best rifle on the market.

Thanks guys for the replys. I can see a Sako in my future. One more question, though. Does the built-in dovetail scope mounting system work well? Is it strong and reliable?

As far as I'm concerned, one of the best on the market; a little pricey, but well worth the cost for the original Sako mount.

Back