Sako Finnlight (6.5 x 55)

sdj

I would appreciate hearing from owners of the Sako Finnlight. Kindly chime in you own (or have experience with) the Sako Finnlight. I'm looking at one in a 6.5 x 55 Swede. How would you describe your experience with the rifle? I'm especially curious to hear from those who have a Finnlight in 6.5 x 55.

Thanks in advance.

SAKO has always had a very fine reputation ,one of the better rifles available ! As far as the cartridge it's great. Stick to the original European loads .I always used the 140m @ 2750.4350 is a good powder for that. The 6.5x55 was my deer rife for 25 years , accurate , mild recoil, effective .

You are very wise to choose Sako, I have 8 in various calibers. A friend of mine has a Finnlite in the Swede cal. and it is a one hole shooter at 100yrds but he hand loads for it. I don't know what factory ammo is out there for it but I don't think there is a very wide selection or how good it is. Also I had a Finnlite in 22-250 for Ground Hogs and if I shot multiple shots with it the group would walk to the right after 3-4 shots due to the pencil bbl. heating up quickly so ypu might want to look at a Hunter Stainless or a Sako model with a thicker bbl. although it probably would not be a problem deer hunting.

Last edited:
Sako 6.5 x 55

First off, I have never owned a Sako 6.5. That being stated, I will make the following statements: I have worked on and fired several diffrent sako's in various calibers over the years. Everyone of them were top quality and very accrite. By "Worked On", I mean I cleaned them(amazing how many people do not know how to clean a weapon). As for the 6.5 x 55, it is simply a very accrite and proven round. Ten years ago or so, I heard there was a gentleman at the Red Castle Gun Club out in the midwest that was simply amazing with a stock swede M96 out to 300 meters. Never watched him shoot myself but, I heard about it from several that did.
Okay, let's summerize my ramblings. Sakos are one of the best designed and built rifles in the world. The 6.5 x 55 is a time proven highly accrite and great hunting round. Combine the two and you should have a fantastic combination:D Just my humble opinion being shared. Of course, I have only had three cups of coffee so far today, things might change. Nahhh, no matter how much coffee I have or have not had, a Sako 6.5 x 55 ought to be a fantastic rifle that will last you a lifetime:).

Back