sako 85

sixpointfive

Inactive
Any of you lads shoot an 85? i just got one a couple of weeks ago and i have a small problem and just need to know if i got a monday gun or are they all like this, when you have more than one round in the mag with the bolt closed the first round stays in place but all the rounds under it jingle and rattle like fcuk and makes unbelieveable racket, i dont know anybody else with an 85 over here, any thoughts??

I just pulled mine (.308 stainless synthetic) out of the safe and gave it a try...

With more than one round in the magazine, I can make it rattle a little bit when I vigorously shake the rifle parallel to the barrel. No rattle when I shake it perpendicular to the rifle.

Must be a little play in the magazine on its long axis. The rattle isn't very loud; the sling swivels make more noise when I shake it than the magazine does.

It's not loud enough or easy enough to make happen for me to worry about. One things for sure, it shoots great.

-nosualc

emergency over, went back to gun dealer and tried new mag, perfect, he says the longer calibres had a recall on the mags and mine must have slipped through, great gun.

I have the same problem with my .30-06 sako 85.It happens when there are 4 or 2 rounds in the magazine and the bolt is closed over them. No feeding issues - just annoying-I'm waiting for the dealer to get some magazines so I can get a new one.

Back